Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School

We started out the morning with mass - absolutely wonderful way to start the day. I'm setting my alarm for early tomorrow so I can head to the wee hours mass before the girls even wake.
.
The school day went well. Some subjects, it was just an intro - no real lesson today. And others, Bookworm pushed to do some work, so I let her jump right in.
.
I don't know what to do about the crying, though. The kid cannot handle handwriting and it doesn't matter what kind of attitude I have, she cries. It is the weirdest thing. I thought for sure this year would be different, since her handwriting has improved leaps and bounds in the past few months. But, no go. She cried through half an hour of copying a poem about writing.
.
Other than that, the day was an absolute success. Even Silly Sally loved all her school work and didn't want to stop when the lessons were over. :) Maybe she'll surprise me this year!
.
If you are starting school now too, bless you. I'm thankful not to put my kids on a bus each morning for one new reason today - the bus was 45 minutes late picking up the elementary kids on our block. Those kids were standing outside for nearly an hour waiting (in 90 degree heat at 9 am)!
.
God Bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home