Sunday, December 11, 2005

Slacker

TRUE OR FALSE?
.
1. When mommy is a slacker, homeschooled children don't learn anything.
.
2. When mommy is a slacker, homeschooled children get lazy too.
.
3. When mommy is a slacker, homeschooled children actually force her to do schoolwork with them.
.
If you answered false, false, then true - ding, ding ding!!!
.
I have to be honest. I am not the most organized person. I can't even take credit for being HALF organized. Do we get places on time? Sure. But to keep a regular daily schedule at home for school? I totally blow it. The good news is that Roni is reading up a storm and blowing us out of the water with her math skills. I'm not doing too bad. We have quite a ways to go to master spelling and handwriting, but she's making leaps and bounds just what she IS able to do without a set schedule of learning. After the holidays, I will be getting back to business FOR REAL and evaluating where she needs to be by the end of the school year and making a schedule that we will follow. I figure with all the other changes I am making right now, this is just one more step. I did it when she was completing kindergarten last year. I can do it for first grade too. And hopefully we'll both pick up some good habits that will allow us to have a more regular school schedule come next fall.
.
I'm very proud that if we go too many days, she gets an itch and just HAS to have some schoolwork to do. She's amazing. And Little A? She's picking up far more than I can take credit for! We've decided to start her Kindergarten program next fall.
.
Sorry this journal has been sorely neglected. I did learn a few cool things recently that I will share when I have the chance.
.
Merry Christmas and a Blessed and Healthy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home