Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Finally Decided

Okay, I know it's been a few weeks since I posted over here about our homeschool journey.... With the move and some other stuff going on, I haven't forged forward with school stuff until this week.
I finally decided on curriculum for this school year. As a matter of fact, I ordered it the other day. Five In a Row (FIAR) was recommended to me by the friend of a friend. It is a literature based program and it makes preparation incredibly simple. You get the bulk of the program from the library in the form of childrens' literature that is used each week. Then, each week you read a different book and go through the book using the lessons - covering one subject per day. Since Roni seems to be adept at math, this should be a perfect fit to go with our A Beka math program. She will have math with FIAR, but her core math will be A Beka.
I have a few projects that need to be finished for the house, since we will have our first overnight guests this Friday. But, I will be working next Monday and Tuesday organizing our school pantry and gathering the remaining supplies we'll need. I'd like to get a nice US map (approx. 2'x3') to hang on the wall in the kitchen.
I'm excited to be settled on what we'll use and Roni will start a review the remainder of this week and then next week of the things she learned in Kindergarten so I can assess where we need to start the school year after Labor Day.
Until next time, God Bless you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home